A garage door repair in Detroit and beyond can cause a host of problems — from water leaks to security concerns. Here are a few of the most common garage door-related problems and some inexpensive ways to fix them. Be sure to give your garage door a visual and mechanical inspection at least every six months. Look for tracks that are clean without oil build up. Make sure the sensor is aligned with the reflector to make sure the door stops while the door is closing. Lastly, look over the chain or steal line to make sure there are no fissures. Looking over these few items can ensure that the your garage door smoothly for a long time.
Check the batteries for garage door installationYour overhead door repair is just around the corner. But just like any other mechanical device requires regular maintenance to perform its best day-in and day-out. This includes cleaning and lubricating your garage door hinges, rollers and track on an annual basis.
Cleaning your garage door track is the first step. Don’t use water or other chemicals as this can cause build up and do more damage than good. Instead, use a broom to brush off any dust and debris. Be particularly careful to clean out spider webs and other insect nests that might capture other dirt and particles that can clog up the tracks and wheels.
For garage doors in North Carolina, consider doing this seasonally after the brown pine pollen has finished covering the ground. In other areas, the spring is a good time to do maintenance because winter vehicle traffic brings an abundance of dirt and grime into the garage.
Once you have cleaned the track and other elements, the next step is lubrication. Lubricating your garage door hinges, rollers and track should be done with a light coating of spray silicon lubricant. You don’t need to apply very much and you shouldn’t apply liquid lubricants as this can also cause build up and collect other debris.
If you decide that you do need a garage door service professional to help with fixing your garage door or to do maintenance, or even give you a quote on a new garage door, we hope you’ll contact Custom Door & Gate your first call.
In [post_name] Call the best in garage door serviceOpening the door during a power outage
We all come to depend on our automatic garage door openers. They deliver wonderful convenience for our busy lives — but we often tend to take them for granted.
When something like a power outage renders your garage door useless, it suddenly becomes a huge inconvenience. How are you supposed to get your car inside the garage — or get it out? Do you need to call a company that offers garage door repairs?
Fortunately, the answer to that question is no. Opening your garage door during a power outage is simple once you know how to do it. Here’s a look at getting into your garage when your garage door opener is rendered unusable due to a power outage.
Start with the Bypass
Your garage door is most likely equipped with a function that turns off the automatic opener and allows you to use the door manually. Have you noticed a rope hanging down from your garage door opener system — probably a rope with a handle connected to the end? That’s your bypass trigger.
When you yank down on this handle, the opener disengages from the automatic system that’s become unusable by the power outage. It’s a good idea to pull down on the handle and activate your bypass only when the garage door is closed. If you choose to do so while the door is open, the weight of the door could cause it to slam shut at a violent speed — which could damage the door or be dangerous to objects, animals or people standing nearby.
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Detroit
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Ann Arbor
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Canton
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Livonia
- Garage Door Fix in Ypsilanti
- Garage Door Installation in Monroe
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Sterling Heights
- Garage Door Spring Repair in Warren
- Garage Door Fixer in Novi
- Overhead Garage Door Spring Replacement in Brighton
- Garage Door Repair in Howell
- Garage Door Fixer in Fenton
- Garage Door Spring Repair in Pontiac
- Emergency Garage Door Repair in Auburn Hills
- Replace Garage Door Spring in Troy
- Garage Door Installation in Dearborn
- Overhead Door Repair in Dearborn Heights
- Torsion Spring Garage Door in St Clair Shores
- Overhead Garage Door Spring Replacement in Dearborn Heights
- Garage Door Spring Replacement in Allen Park
- Overhead Garage Door Spring Replacement in Wayne
- Garage Door Installation in Romulus
- Garage Door Spring Repair in Taylor
- Same Day Garage Door Repair in Ferndale
- Garage Door Installation in Bloomfield
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in Southfield
- Garage Door Spring Repair Cost in Hamtramck
- Garage Door Springs in Gross Pointe
- Emergency Garage Door Repair in Gross Pointe Farms
- Same Day Garage Door Repair in Eastpointe
- Garage Door Opener Installation in Garden City
- Garage Door Springs in Westland
- Torsion Spring Garage Door in Inkster
- Overhead Garage Door Spring Replacement in Lincoln Park
- Garage Door Installation in Ecorse
- Overhead Garage Door Springs in Wyandotte
- Emergency Garage Door Repair in Trenton
- Garage Door Springs in Southgate
- Garage Door Fixer in Plymouth
- Install Garage Door Opener in Farmington
- Emergency Garage Door Repair in Farmington Hills
- Garage Door Springs in Wixom
- Replace Garage Door Spring in West Bloomfield Township
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in Rochester Hills
- Overhead Door Repair in
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in
- Garage Door Repair in
- Garage Door Opener Installation in
- Garage Door Installation in
- 24 Hour Garage Door Repair in
- Garage Door Torsion Spring Repair in
- Same Day Garage Door Repair in
- Overhead Garage Door Spring Replacement in